Saturday, June 03, 2006

Welcome


My husband and I have got a house full of pets: three cats and a ten month old puppy. The puppy, in particular, has been a particularly troublesome and expensive family member. He had a rough start in life as he was born somewhere in New Orleans shortly before Hurricane Katrina hit. He and his other two litter mates were on their own for 63 days before being brought into the shelter. He took a long trip north from the shelter in Mississippi up to Minnesota. We started fostering him October. He was a mess when we got him, afraid of everything and sick. He won us over right away, though, and in March he became ours. He's what is known as a vigorous chewer, tends to be hyperactive, and has had a number of pricey health issues in the short time we've had him. I found I was posting about him all the time on my blog. I was spending a lot of time searching for recommendations and advice about him and the kitties on the internet. It seemed to me that a blog would be a good place for a discussion of all things pet. I added Adsense in the hopes of recouping some of the over $4,000 we've spent on the dog over the last three months. So, welcome! Feel free to post comments and join in the discussion. If you'd like to become a member of this blog and start discussions yourself, send me an e-mail with a little background about yourself and we'll add you to the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home